Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Carrying Out My GAME Plan WEEK 3 EDUC-6713I-6

The intended learning strategy is: Discovering what makes up a strong bridge structure. This will be accomplished through a group effort consisting of internet research, compilation of data, and a presentation of the results in a multimedia program such as powerpoint.

Resources needed are: The first resource is access to the internet; luckily this is available in one of my classrooms. I plan on creating a teacher’s blog site which will contain step by step instructions on the bridge project. It will also have information such as links to web sites containing important information on bridge structures. I am fortunate that each computer has a powerpoint program on it for students to demonstrate what they have learned.

One of my strategies or goal is: to determine the learning preferences of my students so I may properly place them in groups which consist of diverse talents that compliment each other. My goal is to create teams of learners with different skills so they can help each learn the entire bridge design curriculum rather then watering it down. Cennamon, Ross, and Ertmer (2010) confirm this by mentioning “As a teacher, you develop learning goals for your students that allow them to obtain the skills and knowledge required by curricula and standards”(p.121).

So far I have been able to confirm each computer does have a working version of powerpoint, and the web links from last year are still valid. I plan on taking an informal survey to see how many students do NOT have internet access at home. This will be an important factor when determining if (and what type of homework) I can assign.

References:

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2010). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

1 comment:

  1. John,
    Have you considered using Survey Monkeyhttp://www.surveymonkey.com/
    to quickly to see who has computers at home? Students can complete at home or school.
    Only 1% of my students have computer access at home. Last year, many of my students utilized the public library. Good luck in your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete